Sunday 20 April 2014

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm


Clarins beauty flash balm is a staple amongst beauty gurus the world over - but what exactly is it? And why do people rate it so much? 

Well as possibly the only beauty blogger in the world who hadn't tried it, I'm a recent convert! Here I explain why! 

Beauty Flash Balm is a Clarins product, it is a part if their Essential skincare line. It claims to:

- instantly boost the skin's radiance
- firm
- smooth
- energise
- reduce the appearance of lines

How does it work?  
Well beauty flash balm contains an abundance of natural ingredients that heal and revitalise the skin, from  plant extracts to essential oils, olive and witch hazel it leaves no stone unturned in terms of what it can cure, improve and soothe. It doesn't just disguise imperfections like a makeup would, it treats them! 

How can it be used? 
Beauty Flash Balm has a number of different uses which also attribute to it's popularity. It can be used simply as a skin cream, or a mask, or even a makeup primer. I prefer to use it as the latter. 
 
The cream is a peachy nude colour with a classic clarins skin cream scent, it is rich and thick without being oily or greasy and it leaves the skin feeling refreshed and replenished, looking radiant and restored. 

This skin cream is meant to be patted, not rubbed into the skin and can be applied as often as required for an instant refresh on the go. 

As a skin cream it certainly improved the condition of my skin, made it look more balanced, evened out my skintone and perfected it. As a makeup primer it does an excellent job. I cleanse and tone the skin, then apply beauty flash balm. Without allowing it to dry or soak in I then apply my foundation immediately. The balm allows the foundation to glide onto the face without clinging to any dry patches, caking or sinking into fine lines. It also extends the wear time of my makeup considerably. 

I  view clarins beauty flash as THE bb cream. Whilst drugstore brands launched bb creams just a couple of years ago, clarins have been selling this for decades! (BB cream means Beauty Balm) 

For me as a blogger, a good way to measure wether a product is amazing or not is wether it stands the test of time, or wether it launches and disappears just as quickly without leaving a lasting impression on clients, happily for clarins their beauty flash balm has been a staple product for many years, and will be for a long, long time to come! 

I adore products that multitask like this does, as it makes it excellent value for money. A primer, face mask and moisturiser all in one? Now I know why it's so popular, and you won't catch me without it! 

Available from Tyrers of St. Helens 


No comments:

Post a Comment