Wednesday 9 April 2014

Simply Gorgeous Cosmetics An Exclusive Review!

I love to try new products and brands, so when I was offered the opportunity to be the first person in England to review a new line of American cosmetics I literally jumped at the chance! 

Simply gorgeous is a brand new range of cosmetics hot out of New York! 

I was sent a package of various items to try out and review. 




Blusher
The first thing I tried was their gorgeous blusher! The packaging is wonderful, it is matte gold and high end looking with a mirror and mini brush applicator included for on the go touch ups. 
The colour I was sent was 'medium rose'

I'd describe it as a brick red or burnt coral, with pink and brown undertones. 

The texture of the blush is perfect, not too powdery or chalky. Very finely milled and highly pigmented. I was also pleased to read it was fragrance free and contains anti oxidants, so it's actually good for your skin! 

It comes in a generous 8.6g size too! excellent value for money! 

Mascara
The simply gorgeous mascara is also in matte gold packaging with metallic accents, it really looks the part! The mascara I was sent is in Black. It has a dainty wand perfect for adding volume and curl as you can really get into the base of the lashes with it. 


It is a very rich and creamy formula that doesn't clump and the pigmentation is excellent, so your lashes look black and bold. It doesn't say it's waterproof but I've had no issues with it running in the rainy British springtime climate! Great product. 

Lipstick
was sent the lipstick in the shade 'red alert' which is funny because I am obesessed with red lipstick! How did they know?

Red alert is a true red, bold, rich and fearless, I adore it! The formula is silky and very moisturising and it has a satin sheen finish. No gloss needed on top of this beauty! I also noticed that this lipstick stained my lips so reapplications were few and far between. Definitely comparable to a NYX lipstick in terms of colour payoff and quality. Truly excellent lipstick!

Eyeshadow 
The powder eyeshadow I was sent was in Irish Creme, a beautiful beige. Very neutral and would suit any skintone and hair colour. 

I am astounded at it's excellent colour payoff for such a light neutral shade! The formulation is smooth and silky, much like the blush. Very finely milled for easy application and it is a dream to blend. These single eyeshadows are a huge 3g size too! That DOUBLE the size of a MAC eyeshadow for a fraction of the price, and I honestly see no difference in terms of quality! 

Cream eyeshadow 
The cream eyeshadow I was sent was in Pink Opal. It is the most beautiful colour and would work perfectly on anybody with brown or green eyes. 

I find the texture a little greasy and it can feel a little sticky on the eyelid, I'd recommend using this with an eyeshadow primer to maximise it's staying power and to set it with a little translucent powder. what a stunning summer colour!! 

Lipgloss 
The simply gorgeous lipgloss is fantastic! From the packaging to the applicator I cannot fault it at all! 

This one is in the shade Attitude and I LOVE it! What a stunning spring and summer shade! It boasts excellent colour payoff, long lasting wear and a shine that could put some high end brands to shame!  My advice? Order yourself one now!!



Nail polish
Simply gorgeous nail polishes are already uber popular on Instagram and after using one I'm really not surprised. I was sent the coral red shade called 'gorgeous' and my oh my it is gorgeous! 


It applys better than many of the high end polishes I own! It just glides on and  the brush applicator does not shed any hairs or clump at all! 
The colour payoff is awesome and it has a two dimensional tone that gives off a light shimmer. It wears well and does not chip easily at all, I really do sing it's praises! 

In summary
Simply Gorgeous cosmetics are a welcome addition to the cosmetics industry, they are high quality, well made, affordable and have super cute packaging! 

For a new makeup brand I think they have hit it out of the park in terms of the quality of their products, I wish them every success in the future! 

Go support them and get yourselves Simply Gorgeous too! 






No comments:

Post a Comment